Vape On Wholesale is one of the nation’s leading providers of wholesale USP Food Grade Propylene Glycol. We provide bulk Propylene Glycol in many different packaging sizes and bundle deals to fit your application and meet your business demands. Not sure if this is what you’re looking for? Keep reading, or give us a call, to see if we have chemistry!
What Is Propylene Glycol?
Propylene Glycol, or “PG” for short, is a clear and odorless liquid with a slight viscosity and an odorless smell. It is water-soluble, meaning it dissolves in water, and is widely used as an agent to retain water. PG is a synthetic compound, meaning that it is made in a laboratory or with humain aid. In 1973, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration deemed Propylene Glycol safe for food and human consumption. There are three broad forms of PG used in a variety of different products across many different industries: Ethylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol and Food Grade Propylene Glycol. We only provide USP Food Grade Propylene Glycol that has a 99.9% purity rate.
What does USP and Food Grade mean?
The standards “USP” and “Food Grade” in Propylene Glycol refer to the safety and purity tests that the product has undergone. USP stands for United States Pharmacopeia, which is an organization that was founded in 1820-- that’s earlier than the Food and Drug Administration! The U.S. Pharmacopeia created a set of safety regulations, standards and testing to ensure that all drugs and medications were of the highest quality, purity and potency.
The designation “Food Grade” is generally seen in products used in processing and manufacturing and means the product has been tested and is non-toxic, thereby safe for human consumption. Though you might be thinking that this is irrelevant in non-foods, however it’s actually very important! Many of these products are used in equipment and processing that comes in direct contact with the foods you eat! Further, you can rest assured that if your curious babies or fur babies come into contact with USP Food Grade PG, they will not be harmed! It is deemed generally safe, even in considerably large amounts.
How is our PG made?
All PG is made the same, it is a synthetic compound composed of 1,2 propanediol, 1,2 dihydroxypropane, methyl ethyl glycol and trimethyl glycol. Propylene Glycol is obtained from the hydration of propylene oxide. After the PG has been obtained through this process, it is then further refined and distilled to create the most purified form. It then undergoes a series of safety standards and testing to achieve USP and Food Grade standards.
Why Choose Our PG?
Vape On Wholesale is one of the leading suppliers of bulk Propylene Glycol. We source wholesale PG at the lowest price you can find on the Internet, literally!
Having been in business since 2012, we pride ourselves in providing the highest quality wholesale USP Food Grade PG. Our team is staffed with industry experts available to help you with all your business needs. We maintain consistency and deliver excellence in customer service by ensuring same day shipping, keeping your business operations running smoothly and leaving you happy and satisfied. I guess you could say, “we have chemistry!”.
PG in Vaping
Many of our consumers are in the vaping and tobacco alternatives industry; therefore, it is important to us that we provide our customers with the most accurate information for their applications, especially when purchasing PG in bulk. While Vegetable Glycerin is associated with vapor clouds and a softer throat impact, PG dilutes the nicotine very effectively, enhances the flavor component, and creates a more impactful throat hit. Many vapers will even adjust their PG/VG ratios to create a more flavorful inhale, with a greater throat hit more reminiscent of smoking cigarettes.
Uses & Benefits of Propylene Glycol
- Brake fluid- propylene glycol is used in the production of brake fluid.
- Antifreeze- propylene glycol has recently been added in the production of antifreeze liquid, to replace ethylene glycol. It has been substituted because of ethylene glycol’s toxic properties, dogs would like puddles of antifreeze off the ground. Replacing this compound with propylene glycol eliminates the toxicity for animals.
- Engine coolants- propylene glycol has also been used recently to substitute for ethylene glycol in the production of engine coolants, because of its FDA approved “naturally safe” properties.
- Glass- propylene glycol is an active ingredient in the production of deicing used in the automobile and aviation industries.
- Polyurethane cushions- propylene glycol is used in the production of polyurethane foam and cushions.
Household Products & Cleaning Agents
- Paints, enamels and varnishes- propylene glycol is an active ingredient in the production of paints, enamels and varnishes.
- Skin- Propylene glycol is a safe ingredient used in makeup, lotion and moisturizer. Much like glycerin, propylene glycol is a humectant, therefore it is used in small amounts to penetrate skin, retain moisture, and prevent products from melting or freezing during the production and storing process.
- Baked goods and desserts- because of its naturally safe properties, propylene glycol is used in frostings, candies, ice cream and baked goods. It is a component in flavorings, such as vanilla or almond extract, aiding in distributing the agents evenly.
- Topical creams- propylene glycol acts as a drug solubilizer in the production of topical creams.
- Oral injections- propylene glycol is used as an emulsifier in the production of medications for oral use.
- Vitamins- propylene glycol is used as a solvent in the production of vitamins.
- Vapor- propylene glycol is an essential component in vapor products used to enhance flavor and create a greater throat hit, more reminiscent of cigarette smoking.